Salary £25,000 – £30, 000 (depending on calibre and experience)
From August 2017
This is an excellent opportunity for an intelligent, articulate and responsible graduate – possible from a personal assistant or executive assistant background or with a more business-oriented perspective to play a key role in our motivated team based in London Bridge, London.
About the role
We are seeking an assistant for the Chief Executive of the Emerging Payments Association, a trade association of 100+ members from across the payments value chain. The association helps members to collaborate and speak with a unified voice, while providing industry-specific research, conferences, round tables, networking events, training courses and lobbying.
The Assistant to the CEO role is critical to enabling our busy and multi-tasking CEO to be as effective as possible. You will provide a range of support to a consistently high standard, understanding his priorities, anticipating requests and showing initiative in addressing issues on his behalf as well as email, travel and diary management. This will include client relationships, sales-related activities, writing on his behalf and profile-raising initiatives.
The successful candidate will work both autonomously and with different sections of the business, with readiness to muck in elsewhere wherever required.
This job is a hands-on role which would suit someone who enjoys delivering as part of a team, working in a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, with a delivery-focused work ethic. The right candidate will have initiative and an aptitude for nurturing relationships in a professional environment. Excellent opportunities exist to develop the scope and responsibilities of the role depending on the contribution and performance of the candidate.
The ideal candidate will need:
- A friendly, enthusiastic, positive attitude and warm phone/face-to-face manner
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thorough MS Office skills, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- An eye for detail and the ability to perform data entry tasks accurately
- Ability to prioritise to constantly changing requirements and work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work with a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Ambition, energy, discipline and strong organisational skills
- Self-motivation, an eye for detail and a passion for excellence
- The ability to work well within a team
- Previous administrative experience in a demanding office environment
- 100% fluency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent A levels and degree level education
- If not a British national, applicants should already hold the relevant work permit
- Experience of databases or professional CRM systems (desirable, not essential)
- Be the first point of contact for the CEO, managing the CEO’s inbox (responding, delegating, filing and prioritising as appropriate) and diary and setting appointments
- Undertake tasks to free up the CEO’s workload, e.g. printing and conference registration
- Organise all the CEO’s UK-based and overseas travel, accommodation, and meeting schedules
- Identify and anticipate potential problems and proactively solve those that do occur
- Other: print sales collateral, occasionally drumming up interest in forthcoming EPA events through phone calls and other ad hoc administrative tasks as required
- Formulate introduction emails between members and prospective clients
- Co-ordinate weekly/ monthly/ quarterly team and board meetings as required
- Alert the relationship manager to potentially inactive members and sending emails or making calls to encourage participation
- Input data from business cards and other sources into the database, maintain and clean the database and send out email introduction campaigns
- Make connections and introductions, building and maintaining personable yet professional relationships with clients and partners at events and every other opportunity, such as the monthly evening networking event