EPA Hot Topic Briefing – GDPR from the Frontline
Exclusively for members only.
Hot Topic briefing on GDPR, are you ready?
As of May 2018, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect. With GDPR’s implementation rapidly approaching, organisations need to get started with their preparations.
This hot topic briefing will include a short presentation from Dr. Graham Hill’s describing his experiences in directing the GDPR implementation programme at a major UK telco and what other companies can learn from this. Starting with a look at the origins of GDPR, it will walk attendees through the different approaches available to implement GDPR, how the telco architected its GDPR programme, some of the challenges it has faced to-date, and how it is making the difficult trade-offs between the wants of the business and the needs of GDPR.
Attendees will also learn from other GDPR experts their thoughts on how GDPR will work with regulation such as PSD2 and what the impact will be for the payments sector.
Join us on Wednesday 5th July 2017 at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London from 3.00pm to 5.30pm.
• The origins of the GDPR legislation and its implementation timetable
• The different components of a GDPR programme
• How to organise to implement GDPR successfully
• The cost of getting GDPR implementation wrong
• Different approaches to implementing GDPR
• How to become compliant with GDPR
• How to manage subject data rights
• How to launch a GDPR programme into the market
• How to turn GDPR from costly compliance into a growth engine
• How does GDPR relate to PSD2/OBI
• Next steps: What you should do right now to get started with GDPR
Want to know more before you attend? Here’s a teaser from Graham
About Dr. Graham Hill
GDPR Implementation Director, Major UK Telco
Dr. Graham Hill has worked at the forefront of marketing thinking and doing for almost 30 years with blue-chip management consultancies PwC and KPMG Consulting, as an interim director at Toyota Financial Services and Huawei Technologies, and for the last 15 years as an independent consultant. He has broad experience of all aspects of marketing in a variety of industries, including telecoms, high-tech, ﬁnancial services, automotive and aviation, and the public sector. Over the last ten years he has been responsible for marketing transformation programmes at financial services companies including OHRA/Delta Lloyd Group, Lloyds Banking Group, Tesco Bank and the Royal Bank of Scotland. Currently, he is the GDPR Implementation Director for a major UK Telco.
The Hot Topic Briefing and Summer Party are open to EPA members only.