Title: Senior Marketing Executive
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 (based on experience)
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Required: For immediate start
We are looking for a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Senior Marketing Executive with great organisational skills and constant attention to detail to join our team. We are a prominent industry organisation for emerging payments located in London Bridge SE1.
You will help create targeted campaigns to support events and membership. You will manage marketing campaigns (both writing content and using social media channels), create campaigns, develop branding for events, carry out research, develop and manage media partnerships, maintain the database, and update the website. You will also provide support on introduction campaigns for members. Your practical support in a small but fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a passionate team will contribute to the smooth running of the marketing function and the success of the company.
This role would be an ideal for a Marketing Assistant/Executive with over two years’ experience, looking to take the next step and get greater exposure to strategic marketing and have the opportunity to contribute and develop ideas.
To be considered for the position, it is essential that the candidate has the following skills:
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thorough MS Office skills, particularly PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent copy-writing and proof-reading skills for digital and print
- Digital analytics
- Digital skills – Mailchimp, Hootsuite and WordPress
- Strong B2B social media experience, in particular Twitter and LinkedIn
- Experience of professional CRM systems
- Research – both market and competitor analysis
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a relevant position with extensive copywriting and social media responsibilities
- Attention to detail and a passion for excellence
- Creative flair with a good eye for visual design and layout of documents
- An enthusiastic, positive attitude, outgoing personality and warm phone/face-to-face manner
- Ability to deal with, and prioritise, constantly changing requirements
- Ambition, energy, discipline and strong organisational skills
- Self-motivation, with the ability to make decisions and use initiative
- The ability to work well within a team
- 100% fluency in both written and spoken English
- If not a British national, applicants should already hold the relevant work permit
- Intermediate Adobe Suite skills (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Degree level education or relevant marketing qualification (CIM, IDM or similar)
Desirable, although not essential, characteristics:
- Connections with media outlets and journalists
- Experience within the financial services industry
This role is at the centre of our activities. It is a busy and multi-disciplinary role. A positive attitude, the ability to organise workloads across a range of areas and complete work quickly and accurately are a must. The successful candidate will provide support to the marketing department, CEO and wider team to a consistently excellent standard, understanding their priorities, anticipating potential problems and proactively solving those that do occur.
The successful candidate will work both autonomously on team support and with other Senior Marketing Executives, Head of Events, CEO and wider team wherever required.
As a member of the team and an ambassador for the organisation, you will make connections and introductions with and between clients, prospects and partners, building and maintaining personable yet professional relationships at events and every other opportunity.
- Assistance with the production of marketing materials and literature across online and print channels
- Using our email CMS, management of audience segmentation to ensure effective audience targeting and personalisation, taking the lead on cleaning the data
- Execution of owned and 3rd party email campaigns
- Responsibility for reporting/analysing client email campaigns
- Responsibility for creating and sending monthly editorial newsletters
- Creation and promotion of online research surveys and provision of written post campaign analysis
- Provision of support for events, marketing events and exhibitions as required
- Uploading of marketing material to online libraries, internet groups and social media sites
- Use of Google Analytics to track website and email performance, and sending of monthly reports to stakeholders
- Updating and maintenance of the marketing department’s documentation and databases
- Maintenance of social media accounts for all EPA brands and services including the CEO’s accounts
- Brand and creative development for new events and workstreams
- Close working with the EPA sales department to create and update customer-facing sales collateral
- Contribution of effective creativity and strategies to drive brand awareness and audience engagement
- Coordination and maintenance of the company’s schedule of email marketing
- Sending of e-newsletters and ad hoc e-blasts via email marketing system
- Research of potential new client audiences for email marketing
- Research and database: researching contacts for targeted email campaigns, inputting data from business cards and other sources into the database. Generation of leads and prospects to add to the ACT database.
- Maintenance of the website, creating and maintaining member and staff profiles, and updating other sections as required
- Maintenance of up to date profiles of EPA members in the office, e.g. on the wall of member logos
- Sending of welcome letter to new members and member renewals
- Raising of purchase orders as required
- Production of new business cards and print sales collateral as required
- Other ad hoc tasks as required, such as raising interest in forthcoming EPA events through phone calls
This role would suit a Marketing Assistant/Executive ready to take their next career step with a flair for creativity and a passion for social, marketing and a desire for comprehensive hands-on experience in all areas of marketing. If you think you are a perfect fit for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications Tuesday 1st August 2017
Interviews w/c 7th August 2017