Company: The Bancorp
Position: Managing Director
EPA Role: Mentor
Company: The Bancorp
I am an experienced Financial Services Executive based in Gibraltar, and originally from the UK, specialising in payments, card services and IT.
Career history includes:
1. Managing Director – Bancorp Inc – Transact Payments Limited. The Bancorp Inc., a NYSE listed bank, are the largest issuer of prepaid cards in the US and also provide debit and credit card services on the Visa, MasterCard, Discover and China Union Pay brands. The European division, Transact Payments Limited, is a highly agile and rapidly growing e-Money Institution providing premier MasterCard and Visa prepaid card BIN sponsorship and modular prepaid services across Europe. The company offers a fully outsourced and managed service utilising an in-house built customer card management portal that can be white-labelled for a partner. My core responsibilities include overseeing operations, business development, marketing and PR, client implementation, relationship management and supplier management. In addition I am a member of the Executive team responsible for the strategic planning and objective setting for the European issuing activity. Current clients include Google, Paypal and Bridgestone Tires.
2. Advisory Board Member of the Emerging Payments Association
The Emerging Payments Association brings together companies across the emerging payments spectrum to help shape the future of the payments industry landscape. Our mission is to make the UK a global leader in payments innovation by attracting investment capital and creating a hospitable regulatory environment for innovators, new entrants and disruptors. The Emerging Payments Association is managed by the Leadership team and Founding Advisory Board members. Advisory Board members are nominated and elected to the board each year from the existing sponsors based upon their ability to lead and influence the payments industry.
3. Chief Operating Officer Newcastle Card Solutions – Founder and Head of the very successful Newcastle Building Society prepaid cards subsidiary, launching over 350 prepaid card programs, issuing 4 million cards per annum and settling circa $2.6bn per annum – Becoming the largest prepaid Issuer of MasterCard prepaid in Europe and fifth largest globally. During my time in the role the company was the first Issuer to passport prepaid MasterCard services across the SEPA region, the first to launch an NFC contactless MasterCard, the first Issuer of the Debit MasterCard product, and all meeting the compliance requirements of the Payment Services Directive, Treating Customers Fairly, the Second e-Money Directive and MasterCard rules. Client’s included Tesco, Sainsbury’s, AA, RAC, Moneybookers/Skrill , Caxton FX and Monarch Airlines. Supplier relationships included MasterCard, Visa, Barclays, HSBC, FIS (Fidelity), First Data and Oberthur Card Services.
4. IT Services Manager – One of the founding team of the largest outsourced internet savings management service provision in the UK. Responsible for Change Management and all ITIL standard delivery requirements for Newcastle Saving Management Ltd, a subsidiary of Newcastle Building Society with client’s running on the company white-labelled solution including Nationwide Building Society, Capital One, Bradford and Bingley and Santander.
5. Managing Director Newton Facilities Management Ltd – A financial services managed core and part system facility provider with a client portfolio made of twenty different financial services companies. Financial institutions using the service included the Melton Mowbray, Shepshed, Stafford Railway, Bath and Dunfermline Building Societies.
Outside of my professional life I am a happily married father of three living Gibraltar. My children keep me very busy and I find supporting their goals and aspirations incredibly fulfilling. I am a sport fanatic, no matter the sport, and have a particular passion for football, rugby, cricket and american football having played these sports at varying levels.
I feel I can add value by utilising the experience I have gained over the years in a number of financial services sectors ranging from card outsourcing sponsorship services, payments, IT Services, Project Management, Business Analysis through to Board level senior positions, all designed with business improvement, profitable growth and efficiency in mind.